On March 31, 1955, at the home of Robert Persichetti, the first treasurer, seven directors met to form J & L Service Department Credit Union. At that time, the field of membership consisted of employees of J & L Steel Mill’s service departments. All service departments of J & L (carpenters, painters, bricklayers, blast furnace, sinter plant, boiler houses, blow engine room, tin shop and garage general labor) and members of their immediate families belonged.
As our credit union grew, we moved from a home office to an office
complex above the Elks in Aliquippa. We later moved to Grand Avenue in Aliquippa. We remained there until we had our very own building constructed at our present location: 2000 Main Street, Aliquippa, PA.