Penn State New Kensington is a campus of Penn State University located in Upper Burrell, PA. State-of-the-art facilities, small class sizes, and life outside of the classroom make Penn State New Kensington a great place to get an education.
From its roots as Penn State’s "New Kensington Center," Penn State New Kensington has evolved into a modern facility on 72 acres in Upper Burrell Township, Westmoreland County.
The campus was founded in 1958 in New Kensington (hence our campus name). It moved to the old Parnassus School in 1963, and finally settled in at the present-day location in 1966. The Engineering Building was the first to open on the 35 acres of land donated by Alcoa.